Coach NB Women and Girls Mentorship Program
Coach NB is currently seeking coaches to participate in their Women and Girls Mentorship Program. They are looking to welcome mentee coaches who self-identify as a woman/girl, as well as mentor coaches, regardless of gender identity, who are passionate about advancing women and girls in coaching.
The Coach NB Women and Girls Mentorship Program is a key initiative dedicated to increasing the number of confident and competent woman/girl coaches in the province. Equitable representation of gender in leadership roles is beneficial to both women/girls and men/boys. However, there are a variety of intrapersonal, interpersonal, environmental, and policy-related barriers limiting the participation of women and girls in sport and recreation. These barriers do not change with age, and in turn hinder the development of excellence in sport. The New Brunswick Women and Girls Mentorship Program is about passionate woman/girl mentee coaches who are coaching in diverse contexts, working with knowledgeable mentor coaches from across New Brunswick, and bringing the mentees into a support system where they can learn, develop, and build meaningful relationships. Through a Community of Practice, mentees and mentors will be able to connect in meaningful ways via an online platform to share their success while also sharing solutions to issues they may be struggling with. The New Brunswick Women and Girls Mentorship Program is about building a lasting community amongst our New Brunswick coaches where they can access, share, and enhance their coaching toolkit.
- Create a mentorship program for woman/girl coaches in New Brunswick through meaningful mentee/mentor pairings
- Provide an online community of practice for mentee coaches to build and enhance their toolkit
- Provide woman/girl coaches from a range of sports with the opportunity to learn from knowledgeable coaches across the province
- Enhance the coaching pool of New Brunswick coaches who are qualified and who have the tools to coach at their desired level, be it from grassroots to competition development
- Engage community clubs, PSOs, and university or college athletics to invest in the future of woman/ girl coaches
- Create relationships between and amongst coaches that are lasting and supportive, in turn creating a legacy program that is sustainable and has the ability to grow each year